30 days of thankful things: continued…

_______________________________
FITNESS FACTS:
Monday
P90X Cardio: 45 mins.
P90X Kenpo: 60 mins.
Tuesday
P90X Back & Biceps: 60 mins.
p90X Abs: 16 mins.
P90X Cardio: 45 mins.
_______________________________

Holy wow, time just slipped away from me. What can I say? The holidays are upon us and it’s gettin’ a little crazy-ville around here. In a good way.

Honestly, I don’t know how other bloggers do it. I have the best-laid plans of posting something worth reading every day, but before I know it, 5 days have gone by. Between a full-time job, raising a little person, spending time with the hubs, family, friends, doing volunteer work and taking naps, I can’t figure out how to fit it all in.

Plus there’s that teensy issue of procrastination that really doesn’t need mentioned.

Anyway, just because my blogging is about as inconsistent as the month of November in the Pacific Northwest doesn’t mean I’m not feeling thankful for stuff.

I feel CRAZY thankful for so many things in this life o’ mine that if I didn’t already have this blog that I neglect on a daily basis, I might just be tempted to start an entire blog just on being thankful.

In the meantime, I’m going to finish folding napkins and polishing silver* for the upcoming day dedicated to turkey and giving thanks.

*Disclaimer: I think that might have been the first time I’ve ever written “polishing silver” in a sentence. It made me chuckle. Mostly because we don’t really have any silver.

What are you thankful for? I’d love to hear from you!

8 Responses to “30 days of thankful things: continued…”

1. Julie
    November 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

Your disclaimer cracks me up! Here in our family, the Old South, polishing silver is like making a good roux (pronounced rue: the gravy for gumbo and other dishes).

You won’t ever be as good as your Grandmother, but you sure get a crick in the neck trying!

Ive been polishing silver since I was 10 and just yesterday lamented that the last of my “good” silver polish had dried up!

2. christie o. tate
    November 21, 2012 at 7:08 am #

Yay for your big, busy happy life!

3. Stacie @ Snaps and Bits
    November 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

I don’t have silver either – chose not to. They make such pretty stainless now and it goes in the dishwasher. Say no more, right? Happy Thanksgiving Melisa!

4. Kiki
    November 21, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

I’m impressed by your p90x-ing! I have memories of my mom polishing silver, but I was smart (or not sentimental) and didn’t ask for any for my wedding. It’s not my jam. So thankfully I don’t have to do it! I have a “fancy” set, but it’s no silver. Also. I don’t use it. :)

5. Mom
    November 21, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

I agree that silver would be a pain so I also don’t have any. Now here’s my thought about Thanksgiving and well…most any get together. I think the table settings should be the least of the concerns. (There’s a story here that still upsets me but this is not the time and I believe my son got my point – nobody can accuse me of not voicing my opinion). In fact, I think it would be fun to go to a Thrift store and buy all different silverware (ok, stainless) and all odd plates so everyone could have fun looking at eah other’s setting and maybe having a good laugh. That would be way better than worrying about everything being perfect. But that’s just me. xoxoxo

6. Naila Moon
    November 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Polishing silver! HA! Totally funny disclaimer.
    I could say I am polishing my Walmart stuff. LOL
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    ~Naila Moon

7. Louise Ducote
    November 22, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

Melisa, I just so love your mom’s comments on your posts. I kinda feel like she’s watching over all of us even if she’s not (so don’t burst my bubble, k?). Very thankful for my husband, every minute of every day — he rocks. Happy Thanksgiving to y’all!

8. Jamie@SouthMainMuse
    November 22, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

I love to polish the little bit of silver we do have. It’s such a cleaning bang for your buck. Can’t believe another Thanksgiving’s come and gone. It was a good, exhausting (and filling) day.