gratituesday – part 8.

Because there’s always something to be grateful for. And also, it’s Tuesday.

Here, I’ll get us started:

I am grateful that I got off my butt tonight and did my run. It was just a 3-miler but I may have procrastinated all day about doing it, I can’t say for sure. But I DID IT. I felt strong, and I didn’t eat a single bug. Also, I’m grateful that I don’t care how fast I run. That way, I can stop and take pictures for you. You’re welcome.

I am grateful for these roasted garbanzo beans* that John made us. Just sea salt and olive oil. Who knew?

*Disclaimer: I call them garbanzo beans. Do you? Or are they chick peas in your neck of the woods? Inquiring minds just gotta know.

I am grateful for the simple pleasures of summer. Like watching little 5-year-olds skipping stones at the beach. Alright, fine, they were hardly skipping them.

I am grateful for watching little 5-year-olds plunking stones into the water at the beach.

I am grateful that Olivia gets to have this guy as her dad:

Yeah, that one. With the unicorn on his head. I’m grateful I get him, too.

I am grateful that photos of animals or people in mid-blink make them look intoxicated. And just to clarify since my own husband didn’t recognize her in such an embarrassing state, this is OUR actual cat, Abby:

Poor, Abby. She’s gonna be hurtin’ in the morning.

I am grateful for Red Vines. Yes, all you black licorice lovers, I realize that technically it’s not really “licorice” but I’m not here to judge. Also, I’m grateful that Olivia can’t read yet because I’m going to tell you right now that this package was hers and I ate all of it.

Last but not least, I’m grateful for Family Game Night with these characters:

Where we can hear each other’s real laughs, and see each other’s real faces. I savor these moments and try with everything in me not to take one minute of them for granted.

On tonight’s to-do list? Possibly, eat a fudgesicle.

What are you grateful for? I’d love to hear from you!

32 Responses to “gratituesday – part 8.”

1. mamarific
    July 17, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Love the unicorn on the head! Looks like you’ve got a keeper!! Great list.

2. 50peach
    July 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

congrats on the run! and damn skippy, a run is a run. Good for you.

I say chickpeas when cooking. I say garbanzo just because it’s fun to say garbanzo.

This Tuesday, I am grateful for your humor. I adore the pic of the hubby with the unicorn on his head. It’s obvious that you have a home full of laughter. That is so priceless.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

I heart you Ms. Peach. We do try our best to fill our little space with laughter and JOY every day… x

3. jodi
    July 17, 2012 at 7:44 pm #

I am grateful my daughters cast is due to come off next week!! (it is reaching the stinky stage and looks like she cleaned the floors of a truck stop bathroom with it) I am also grateful for a chance to work at bible camp next week so that we get out of the house and interact with more people! I need interaction with people above the age of 6 on a more regular schedule I think….

• justbeginfromhere
      July 17, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

So happy for you and your daughter, too! Your visual description is hilarious! Bible camp sounds fun, too!

4. Julie
    July 17, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

Rock on for your run! I am so grateful it is Tuesday just for this “moment of zen”. I am grateful my Dad, even at 70 with his 11th grandchild, will still sit on the yellow plastic pre-school chair to eat dinner with Emma Mae. Diggin’ your red licorice pic! I bought the chocolate ones today by accident, so gave those to EM and kept the black ones for myself…and they are all gone! And John does rock – love the unicorn!

• justbeginfromhere
      July 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

LOVE the image of your dad doing that! SO precious – I hope you get pictures! Chocolate licorice? I’m sorry but ew. :)

• rayann11
      July 18, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Julie – I LOVE black licorice and if you haven’t tried it (I buy it online) try Tubi’s Tire Tread black licorice. It is awesome – I just ate a piece! I buy 20 bags at a time so I don’t go into withdrawal. John/son bought me some (he and I are always looking for the best and I think this one wins) once when he and Miss were out on a date and I got hooked. xoxo

5. drotello
    July 17, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

I am grateful that after a few very busy weeks, tomorrow is my monthly dinner with two of my best girlfriends. To be able to share your life with women that honestly want nothing but the best for you is a priceless treasure that I hold dear to my heart.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 17, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

You will never fool us, Rotello – you are pure heart! I love you TO BITS and can’t wait. I look forward to seeing my girls so so much. xoxoxo

6. Erica M
    July 17, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

Your family is my new favorite family. Firstly, everyone looks so quiet and calm. Secondly, where’s the screaming? I’m confused how you communicate with each other if not with screaming.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 17, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

Ha! Thanks, pal. Firstly, I try to sedate my subjects before photographing them. Secondly, the screaming is in my head. I tease! I tease! Honestly, it’s funny that you mention it because I never give it any thought, really. We are a very quiet little threesome.

• rayann11
      July 18, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

They leave the screaming up to Melisa’s Mom – hey, ya gotta do what you do well…Signed, Melisa’s Mom

7. Adventures w/Autism (@dkotucker)
    July 18, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Not being a bean lover…when I first saw them on a salad bar I used to refer to them as “bummy” beans. What?!?!?! Think about it…see…they look like little bums (not in a creepy way) don’t they! OK…I’ll stop now. ;P

8. Stacie @ Snaps and Bits
    July 18, 2012 at 5:34 am #

OK, the cat lived up to the tweet ;) I called them garbanzos growing up. Now I say chickpeas. I have no idea why. I am grateful for my family, my book-eating dog, and all the bloggers I am “getting to know.” I am also grateful for my housecleaner, who comes today. There is a layer of dirt from all of the teenage boys tramping in and out over the last week. It’s so gross I can’t even go barefoot…

9. Alsjrun Tanck
    July 18, 2012 at 11:34 am #

I am grateful for the picture of Abby!!! Have had to actually go back several times just to laugh one more time! That, and the picture of John with the unicorn headdress! I just can’t get enough of either one of them!

10. rayann11
    July 18, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

Those little peas look like hazelnuts and made them all the more enticing to me! xoxo Mom

11. runnerbydefault
    July 19, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

You go girl!! From one slow runner to another! Whatever it takes to make it! And those chick peas look awesome. I will have to give them a try.

12. Melody Tauchman
    July 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Three Californians (including me) and one New Yorker got into the Red Vine vs. Twizzler discussion last night. The New Yorker had never heard of Red Vines. We described them as “like Twizzlers except GOOD”.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 20, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I must use that line. Twizzlers are such wannabe imposters!!

• rayann11
        July 21, 2012 at 8:08 am #

Hmmm, do I detect a redundancy with wannabe and imposter? I’m just askin’… xoxo Mom

13. Robbie
    July 20, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

love your list except for Red Vines. i’m sorry to inform you that they serve no purpose. I don’t discriminate on the garbanzo beans/chickpeas. They do look delish and I must try making them.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 20, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

Ha ha – love it! How fun would it be if you agreed with EVERYTHING on the list? Though, we can kindly agree to disagree. They may be 100% sugar and empty calories, but they are damn good for the soul. Cheers!

• rayann11
        July 21, 2012 at 8:06 am #

I’m glad we all can agree to disagree…Chocolate is what heals the soul and I think I am pretty much right on this one! xoxo Mom

• rayann11
      July 21, 2012 at 8:03 am #

I have to agree on the Red Vines – they are sugar and water and food coloring but…I know, to each their own. At least the black licorice is LICORICE. :0) M’s Mom

14. Trish
    July 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

I’m seriously into Red Vines. Must get them at every movie I see and used to by the big thing of them at Costco (I’m too old to do that to my body now and my kids would eat them all anyway). Also absolutely love those garbanzo beans! (That’s what I call them).

• melisa
      July 23, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

Oh, Red Vines! Wish I had a tub o’ them right now. Oh, and thank YOU for the garbanzo bean inspiration!!!!