now for something completely random.

I had some free time last night so I started stalking my own Facebook page. Who knew it had been around for so long?! It was like unlocking a treasure trove of vintage gems.

Like this Random List of 25 Things About Me that I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting for you here. You’re welcome!

1. I love to sing in the car at the top of my lungs and I never care if someone’s watching. I’m just thankful they can’t hear me. Actually, they’re probably more thankful than I am.
  2. At least once a day when I see my daughter I am amazed that we created a human. Billions of people have been born and I still think it is so fascinating!
  3. Speaking of Olivia, I didn’t know just how much love was inside of me until she
    came along. It is a little OTT, people.

I am physically unable to walk on the right side of people. It makes me completely uncomfortable from head to toe and I have to correct it as quickly as possible (as in, move to the left). Most of the people in my life are aware of this random neurosis and are (mostly) very patient with me.
  5. I went to kindergarten with my husband. We weren’t going steady at the time, though. We didn’t officially start dating until I was 17, and we’ve been happily together ever since. We just celebrated 20 years together. Oh great, now you know how old I am.
  6. My very favorite types of movies are psychological thrillers. The scarier the better, but I will never, ever watch a scary movie alone.
  7. My husband puts toothpaste on my toothbrush every single day and I think it is a wonderful little treasure every single time. It still surprises me.

I have big, huge love for my job. I have worked at the same company for over 12 years and I truly love what I do. I swear I am not just adding this one because my boss and our CEO are on Facebook.

(updated: neither one of them read my blog)
  9. I have really long fingers. That is just about the only thing that Olivia got from me.
  10. Also, I have the most crazy hitchhiker’s thumb EVER. Seriously, LOOK at this thing! I think it might scare small children. Except Olivia, she’s used to it by now.
  11. I am legally blind. I ask my eye doctor every year if perhaps they’ve changed
    the guidelines that set this “rule” but alas, it never changes. I’m very grateful for corrective lenses.
  12. My three biggest fears are going blind, public speaking, and sharks, but this is SO yesterday’s news.
  13. I say “I love you” to my loved ones every single time we hang up the phone,
    no matter what. Always.
  14. The feeling of taking a very, very deep breath makes me so happy and I forget to do it all. the. time.
  15. I am easily amused, easily fooled, extremely gullible, never stay mad, and I have never ever held a grudge in my life. Sometimes these traits have burned me, but it is always worth it.
  16. My mom and I are very close and talk on the phone approximately 365 times
    a year. Sometimes more on a Leap Year.
  17. I am a consummate peace-keeper and it drives me absolutely crazy to have any ripples. I can’t eat, can’t sleep, can’t concentrate, until it’s all straightened out again.
  18. I can recite Paul Revere from the Beastie Boys very quickly and will always oblige when asked. But I think you probably knew this already.
  19. I can’t swim without a nose clip. Yes, I did a full IronMan with a nose clip (but only for the swim. It would have been REALLY silly to keep it on for the bike and run).
  20. I love sending unexpected surprises in the mail to people. Several years ago when everyone went the way of “Happy Birthday!” on Facebook, my New Year’s Resolution was to send REAL birthday cards – with an actual stamp – in the mail. It’s the only resolution I have every kept.
  21. I am very sensitive, all sap, and mostly a big dork. And I really don’t care who knows it. Um, obviously.
  22. I have a brother who is a paramedic firefighter and I think that is so cool. I
    am very proud of him. I also feel very comfortable taking huge bites of food in his presence because really, the guy knows his way around the Heimlich Maneuver.
  23. I came in secund place at the City Spelling Bee when I was in the 8th grade.
    I went out on “exhortation.” Curse that silent “h”! And yes, I deliberately misspelled ‘second’ just to see if you were paying attention.
  24. I love to travel and have made it to a few corners of the globe so far. I wonder why they say ‘corners’ when the earth is round? Anyway, we are getting Olivia out to see the world with us, too. My very favorite thing about travel is seeing how other people live, and to know there are so many, many wonderful and wildly different ways of doing things. Oh, and the food. And the wine.
  25. Every single night, no matter where I am, when my head hits the pillow, I say,
    “Thank you for this life.”
Now tell me something! I’d love to hear from you.

29 Responses to “now for something completely random.”

1. Eric Sipple (@saalon)
    July 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

I love random facts. The more you know (the more you can forget and feel embarrassed about later)!

2. Jen Latham (@JenJenMi)
    July 12, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

I absolutely love #16. My mother passed away in 2009 and I miss her each and every day. I am pretty sure the only time when she was alive I went more than one day without speaking to her was when I traveled to Spain for 10 days and collect calls from Europe were too expensive.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 12, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

Thank you so much, and I am truly, terribly sorry for your loss. My mom reads each and every comment made on my blog and I know she’ll be touched by this one. Thank you for stopping by.

• rayann11
        July 12, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

You are right…that touches me deeply! Each and every day I am grateful to be best friends with my amazing daughter…
        So sorry for your loss but what great memories you must have now. I didn’t have a tear to shed when my Mom passed so there is much to be said for being able to miss someone. Hope that makes sense.

3. karenlessscripted
    July 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

I love #7. That is the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard a husband do for his wife!

• justbeginfromhere
      July 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Oh thank you! He is 100% the best. I’ll go ahead and tel you the BEST Valentine’s gift he got me EVER: last year, our office switched to these eco-friendly “plastic” utensils (not really plastic, but dried corn or something, who knows) anyway, the edges of the spoons are really sharp. I was complaining about it one night to my hub and do you know what ended up in my briefcase on Valentine’s Day? A sweet card, and a special METAL SPOON with a red ribbon tied on it). Seriously? Seriously.

• justbeginfromhere
        July 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

*Disclaimer: I am all for eco-friendly and taking care of our planet! I just don’t like to get a cut lip from living “green”! No haters, please! :)

• karenlessscripted
        July 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

That is incredibly thoughtful! You picked a keeper.

4. christy
    July 12, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

My daughter has the same crazy hitch-hikers thumb. It’s her one party trick…for now:)

5. Stacie @ Snaps and Bits
    July 12, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

How fun to get all of this insight into you! Don’t worry about your age, I’m WAY older. WAY. The last movie I watched, which was on cable, was Silence of the Lambs. It scared the crap out of me (for about the 6th time). My husband was right by me but that only helped a little…

• justbeginfromhere
      July 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

Oh whatever! I just popped over to your site again and you sure could’ve fooled me! You look fantastic! And so does that smoothie!

• Stacie @ Snaps and Bits
        July 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

OK thanks for the complement but it sounds like you still can’t protect me from Hannibal Lector. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just sayin

6. Amy
    July 12, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Melisa, I love this, not just because I love these fun facts about you, but this list might be my favorite thing I ever did on Facebook. I loved it when these went around and I still remember some people’s random details! XOXO.

• justbeginfromhere
      July 12, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Thank you so much, dear friend! And I know, right?! I call those “The Good Ol’ Days of FB” – it will be what we tell our grandkids out on the front porch. Can’t wait to see you cats tomorrow night – you just KNOW we’re gonna make some blog-worthy fun happen! XOXO

7. Renee
    July 12, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

My elbows are double jointed like your thumb. It’s my party trick. Lol.

8. Lindsey
    July 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm #

I can’t walk on the left side of people. Now I feel much better about that. Also, we would totally get along and there would be none of the awkward excuse-making to switch sides that I usually have to deal with.

9. rayann11
    July 12, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

I disagree with #9 – I mean, yes, you and O do have long fingers but she got way more from you than that! True that she looks more like Daddy but she has your way of finding the positive side of things or she just puts her own positive spin on it and calls it good. She has your kind, compassionate heart. And that’s just to name a few things you gave her…XOXO

• justbeginfromhere
      July 12, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Oh, Mom. Loveyoumeanit! Thanks for always being my best cheerleader. Love you! M2

10. Tammy
    July 13, 2012 at 4:29 am #

I have just started following your blog ,, and I think you are hillariously funny,, and I love your outlook on life . Thanks for making me LOL today,, the nose clip piece cracked me up :-)

• justbeginfromhere
      July 13, 2012 at 6:59 am #

Well, HELLO! Way to go and make a girl’s entire Friday! No, wait. I think this is going to carry me through the weekend. YES, you just made my whole weekend! Thank you so much!

• texzan1962
      July 13, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Dittto Girl,, Happy Blogging to you,, I look forward to many more :-)

11. Julie
    July 15, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

I am super late on the responses! What a fun list – many fun facts I didn’t know :) I love your corn fork story for 2 reasons. 1. John rocks and needs to write a book. 2. When I was preggers with EM the smell of those made me sick :)
    All of your fun facts just make you even more lovable/loveable if that’s possible…so grateful to still know you :) and your Mom too of course!!

• justbeginfromhere
      July 15, 2012 at 10:57 pm #

You are so funny! I appreciate you SO MUCH, Julie. I agree, John rocks. Sounds like you have yourself a rock star, too! XOXOXO

12. Holly
    July 18, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Nowwwwww…here’s a little story, I’d like to tell! Hahahah! I love that song. :) Yes on conflict, too. I’m a peacemaker and if there’s a riff, I don’t sleep for more than a few hours at a stretch without waking up to think about it. We’re delicate flowers!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Homepage - July 21, 2012

… [Trackback]…

[...] There you will find 54404 more Infos: justbeginfromhere.com/2012/07/12/now-for-something-completely-random/ [...]…